Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Some of My Old Short Student Films from 2004-2005




Sinking Ships - Hot For Video.com - Military Short Film from hotforvideo


This was a short film that I made back in 2005 (wow - 3 years ago).

I wrote the story in about 3 days, and we shot it 2 days later - so it was a FAST production. Please excuse all the horrible acting. This was just for fun.

I hope you like looking back at my WAYBACK machine!

This video was done in 24P using advanced conversion methods that you can find more out about at my website.













Armed Conflict - Hot For Video.com - Short Film


I was awarded "BEST YOUNG FILMMAKER 2004" in Videomaker Magazine for this short film.

This was a short film that I made in about 2 weeks back in 2004.

The film was actually shot on a SONY DSR-TRV240 Digital8 camera and edited with Sony Vegas. Audio was done with a shotgun mic.

I think it came out good for the lack of materials that we had - and for only being like 17 years old with ZERO budget.

I hope you can appreciate this film as much as I do.






No Greater Love (Short Film) - 24 Hours Contest Winner


Won The Big Red Button "~ 60 Hour Short Film Contest" Check out the other entries here.

Depressed about his life and relationships, a teenager takes drastic measures to try to ease his pain.

This is a very powerful film and it's subject matter is not to be taken lightly. It's a very real thing in today's society.

NOTE This film is not to be taken completely seriously. It was not scripted out - The idea came up within 2 hours and filming the next 3 hours - editing after. This was not supposed to be a masterpiece






Blackbird - 24P Test



This was the first time I discovered 24P conversion, so I did a quick and silly test. Just check it out. Enjoy.

No comments: